Sunday, December 2, 2007

My life story...if you are interested...

When I was very young, I had always been fascinated by the world, I picked up a lot of hobbies that have to do with knowledge collection and understanding, from drawing, origami, magic tricks to astrology, numerology and so forth…

As time went by, Science related topics seem to hold my interest more and it soon overshadows everything else for they do not satisfy my quest for true understanding.

At the age of 11 after watching Power Rangers, I was mesmerized by the “Command Center” with all its flashing lights and computer “beeps”. It looks so high-tech to me then, makes me feel science and technology is the future that is to come, I fall in love with that “Future”.

At the age of 12, I started to spend all my time playing with batteries, light bulbs etc…
I would spend hours being in awe as to how and why when everything is connected, it gives off light.

I’m fascinated by science and all that it has given us. I broke a lot of bulbs, glasses and even spill a couple of chemical experiments but my mother had always been supportive of my desire to understand.

I soon get bored with conventional electrical experiments, I want the “Lights” to flash automatically instead of me having to do it manually.
My Grandfather upon seeing my enthusiasm, introduced me to the wonderful world of electronics.
“Cool!” I say to myself, “How does the light switch on and off without user input ? “
I eventually spend two years going all “electronic” crazy.

By age 14, I have transformed my “storeroom” into a mini room filled with flashing lights and sound, it even have a simple water detection circuit but it’s all too lame to be mention. Ha ha ha

At the age of 15, after watching Star Trek, The Next Generation with its cool computer interfaces and speech recognition computers, I set out to do just that with electronics.
However I simply cannot finance myself buying all those electronic parts over time. I thought this is it.

I soon have a computer brought for me to do my “school work”, initially I try to be like every other school boys, to get into the “Computer Games” craze.
However after playing games for one day, I’m already disturbed by the fact that I’m playing a game instead of making it.

By the second day of owning a computer I set out to learn computer programming, in one year, I exposed myself to Visual Basic, C++, Pascal Delphi, Java, Javascript, vbscript, HTML, Perl etc…though I have to say that I no longer remember them all as a single entity for all programming languages are more or less the same. I soon get the overall idea of what computer programming is about.

At the age of 16, I created a couple of programs but the one that are most memorable is a series of speech recognition applications that act and behaves similarly to the Computers I see in Star Trek, The Next Generation. I was thrill !

At the age of 17, after seeing computer animations like Jimmy Neutron and Final Fantasy the spirit within, I was so fascinated by what computer can do graphically that I move on to the world of computer graphics !

After my military service at age 22, I continue to pursue my interest in computer programming, interface designs and the almighty computer graphics.

At the age of 23, which is where I am now at this point in writing, my 3D work hit front page cover in the Photoshop *.PSD Magazine.

I am currently a freelancer and I love to embrace and experiment on all sorts of projects that are fun and challenging.

All my achievements I give it to God. For without him, I’m nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pursuit your interest against all odds. Way to go!